VEHICLE DRIVING - CLASS B LICENSE
Florida Program Number: I490251
Total Hours: 150 Hours
The mission of this program is to prepare students for employment as Bus & Straight Truck Drivers.
Training includes operation of trucks, buses; handling cargo, reporting delays or accidents on the road and record keeping, communication and leadership skills, mathematical skills, human relations and employability skills, and safe and efficient work practices.
- A student must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam and drug/alcohol testing before class begins
- Have a valid Florida Driver License and Florida Class B CDL Temporary Permit have no more than six (6) points in violations on his/her driver license in the past three (3) years
- Have no DUI (Driving Under the Influence) violations within the past five (5) years
- Provide proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage
The program qualifies students for a Class B Commercial Driver License with a Passenger Endorsement.
JOB TRAINING INCLUDES: Occupational Completion Points (OCP)
OCPs provide a student with early completion training options linked to employment opportunities established by the Florida Department of Education based on the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) system and accepted industry titles.
Local employers have verified that the range of wages that can be reasonably expected by students who enter this field upon completion of the program is:
From $24,000. annually to $38,000. annually
(Based on year-round, full-time employment)
TRA0084: CLASS “B” LICENSE (150 Hours)
- Describe vehicle safety and accident prevention procedures ·Understand and comply with vehicle operating regulations
- Demonstrate proper cargo handling and documentation procedures
- Demonstrate pre-trip preparation procedures
- Demonstrate vehicle inspection procedures
- Perform vehicle maintenance ands servicing procedures
- Demonstrate basic vehicle control procedures
- ·Demonstrate backing, coupling and uncoupling skills
- Demonstrate basic vehicle maneuvers ·Demonstrate road driving skills
- Demonstrate hazardous driving skills
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills
- Demonstrate appropriate math skills
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of basic science
- Demonstrate employability skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship
- Obtain a Florida Class B Commercial Vehicle Drivers License by passing written and performance tests